Deepened engagement through drama
Thursday, October 20, 2016
Wednesday, October 19, 2016
Keep calm and bring on the birthday gifts? No, thanks. I'd rather relay and change the world.A group of elementary students representing North Coventry and French Creek Elementary Schools attended a birthday party for North Coventry student, Paige Zebley, grade 3. Of her own accord, Paige, for the second year in a row, requested that in lieu of gifts, students donate to a charity. The generosity of the families allowed a $200 donation to the Relay for Life of Pottstown Team North Coventry Cancer Busters & Fight On Makenna. In the spirit of celebrating birthdays as milestones in life, Paige and her friends marked a special occasion in a truly meaningful way.
Posted by Office of Communications at 11:57 AM
Come cheer on a Wildcat team tomorrow, Thursday, October 20 (weather permitting), as they pursue Pioneer Athletic Conference titles.
The Cross Country team will run the PAC Championships at Heebner Park, 1721 S Valley Forge Rd, Collegeville, at 2:00 p.m.
With a victory over Phoenixville last night here at OJR in the PAC semi-finals, the Girls Soccer Team moves on to play a PAC rival for the PAC championship tomorrow evening here at OJR in the Wildcat Stadium at 5:00p.m.
The Field Hockey team grabbed a victory last night over Spring-Ford in the PAC semi-finals. The team moves on to play in the PAC final contest against Upper Perkiomen tomorrow evening at 7 p.m. at Upper Perkiomen High School
Posted by Office of Communications at 6:16 AM
Tuesday, October 18, 2016
Owen J. Roberts School District works actively to help fight hunger. This year will mark the 11th annual district-wide food drive to benefit Coventry Food Pantry.
The Owen J. Roberts School District will sponsor its
11th Annual Make A Difference Day to support the Coventry Food Pantry.
The Food Pantry provides food on a monthly basis to over 100 families who reside in our District.
Please consider donating nonperishable food (canned foods, boxed foods, etc.),
personal care items (shampoo, soap, toothpaste, toilet paper, diapers, wipes),
and paper goods between October 3rd – 28th .
A box will be available in both the Administration Building & the Warwick Building.
Pickup will be Friday, October 28 at approximately noon for the Warwick Building and
approximately 12:40 p.m. for the Administration Building.
If you are available to help “fill that bus” with the donations collected that would be great.
For more information, please contact Miss Kira Rumpp at KRumpp@ojrsd.com.
Posted by Office of Communications at 8:58 AM
Monday, October 17, 2016
Wildcat Update from the Desk of
Mr. Ralph C. Bretz, M.Ed., M.S.A.
Director of Athletic 7-12/Student Activities 9-12
- Meredith Lee will play for the District One Girl’s Single Tennis title on Wednesday October 19, 2016 at Legacy Tennis Club. Please wish her the best of luck in her quest for the District One Title. She has also qualified for the PIAA state tournament. Congrats to her and the tennis coaching staff on all of their hard work throughout the season.
- Congrats to Camryn Gelting and Elaina Lee for finishing in 2nd place at the PAC doubles tournament this past weekend. Please congratulate them if you see them this week on this great accomplishment. Jayce Caplan and Vidisha Pandey finished in 6th place in the PAC doubles tournament, as well. They fell out of the 5th place medal position, but finished with an impressive 6th place position. Both teams had a great run in the PAC doubles tournament. Congratulations to all who participated in the tournament and best of the luck to the team of Gelting and Lee in the District One Doubles tournament this week.
- The Golf team had 4 members advance to the District One Golf tournament this past week at Turtle Creek. Ward McHenry, Ryan Glenn, Mark Amadio, and Tom Opitz each participated in the District One Gold tournament. Although none of them advanced to day two of the tournament, congratulations to them for making the District Tournament. The team lost to Spring-Ford in the PAC team tournament in the semi-finals. Great season!
- The Field Hockey team had an exciting finish to the regular season last Thursday against Spring-Ford HS on Senior night at OJR. The team defeated SF 3-2 to clinch the #2 seed for the PAC Field Hockey playoffs this Tuesday at Upper Perkiomen High School. The game will be at 6:00pm on the back turf field against rival Spring-Ford in the Semi-Finals. Tickets will be $5.00 for everyone. No league or school season passes will be honored at the game. Best of luck to the Field Hockey Team.
- The Boy’s Soccer team has clinched a PAC Final Four playoff spot. They will be the #3 seed for the tournament and will take on the #2 seeded Pottsgrove Falcons Tuesday evening at OJR HS on the North Turf Field. The game time will be 7:00pm. No league or school season passes will be honored at these games. Let’s go Wildcats!
- The Girl’s Soccer team has also clinched a PAC Final Four playoff spot. They will be the #3 seed for the tournament and will take on the #2 seeded Phoenixville Phantoms Tuesday evening at OJR HS on the North Turf Field. The game time will be 5:00pm. No league or school season passes will be honored at this games. Good luck to the Girl’s Soccer Team.
Good Luck to all the teams that are still playing and moving on to the PAC and/or district playoffs.
Posted by Office of Communications at 11:30 AM
Friday, October 14, 2016
Posted by Office of Communications at 12:05 PM