Fourth graders at East Vincent Elementary School have been hard at work, using the scientific inquiry process to investigate a variety of student-selected topics, including:
· Does the thickness of ice affect how much weight it can hold?
· What brand of vanilla ice cream melts the fastest?
· What are the effects different liquids have on egg shells?
· Does the pH of a first order tributary stream of French creek change by the temperature and the amount of rain fall?
· On a Lego NXT robot, what sensor detects the color of electrical tape best: color or light?
· What color vehicle is most popular at different locations in my area?
With the scientific inquiry method firmly understood, students are now working to complete their science fair projects and prepare for the science fair.