Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Citadel Finalist Announced




On March 11, 2015, at the Owen J. Roberts Middle School, Citadel representatives, Mr. Ryan Frazier and Ms. Yvonne Klemets Wright, awarded Middle School teacher, Mr. Brad Creswell, the Citadel Heart of Learning Finalist Award for Owen J. Roberts School District.

The Citadel Heart of Learning Award was developed by Citadel and the Chester County Intermediate Unit 14 years ago to recognize, reward and thank the outstanding teachers we have in Chester County. The program has grown in such popularity that Citadel receives thousands of heartfelt nominations each year. This year, nearly 2,700 nominations were submitted.

Mr. Creswell will receive a $500 award to purchase supplies or other items for his classroom.
An excerpt from one of the nominations for Mr. Creswell read:

“Throughout my high school experience there was one main teacher who impacted my life. He’s always encouraged me to never give up, and gave me a better understanding on the material being taught. He know areas of struggle and my background and made every effort to help me and make sure I understood. Not only did he help me with school, but he helped me with peer issues. He’s always positive. He certainly made an impact on my 8th grade year, and I know he’s made a similar impact on many others as well.”

Mr. Creswell accepted the award on behalf of the entire Middle School staff, commenting, “this is probably the best group I have ever worked with and this award is a reflection of the entire staff.”

On May 5, 2015, finalists from all school districts in Chester County will gather at the award banquet  for final awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment